Sunday, March 21, 2010

No Good From A Corpse - Walker Martin

"This is one of my favorite private eye novels. Brackett also wrote several excellent stories for the detective pulps in the 1940’s, many of which are reprinted in the Dennis McMillan hardcover of NO GOOD FROM A CORPSE.

A couple dozen of her book covers are shown on the art illustraton blog: goldenagecomicbookstories.blogspot.com, under the entry for March 3. Also some nice artwork from the SF digests and pulps.

I met Leigh Brackett once when she was an unofficial guest at an early Pulpcon in the mid-1970’s. Everyone of course was talking to her about her SF and I surprised her when I complimented her on her detective fiction, especially the pulp fiction for the Popular Publication detective magazines. She laughed and said I was the first one to mention her detective pulp work, which she thought had been completely forgotten."


4 out of 5


http://mysteryfile.com/blog/?p=1877#comment-196467

No comments:

Post a Comment