Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Empire Strikes Back Second Draft - George Lucas

"TESB.2.
April 1978.
The Empire Strikes Back.
Second Draft by George Lucas. Handwritten and typed versions.
Sources: Bouzereau: p. 123; Pollock: p. 226.
A George Lucas quote from Alan Arnold's book Once Upon A Galaxy, 1980, p. 177: "I hired Leigh Brackett to write the screenplay, but tragically she died right after completing the first draft. Faced with the situation that somebody had to step in and do a rewrite, I was forced to write the second draft of this screenplay. But I found it much easier than I'd expected, almost enjoyable. It still took me three months to do, but that's a lot different from two years. I also had the advantage of Larry Kasdan coming in later to do a rewrite and fix it up."


4 out of 5

http://www.starwarz.com/starkiller/writings/cguide.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment