Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Empire Strikes Back Story Conference - George Lucas

"November 28-December 2, 1977.
Chapter II, The Empire Strikes Back.
Story Conference between George Lucas and Leigh Brackett. Lucas also handed over his Story Treatment and other notes to Brackett. A transcript of the story conference was made.
Sources: Bouzereau: p. 123; Pollock: p. 226, 319.
A George Lucas quote from Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays, 1997, p. 144: "Writing has never been something I have enjoyed, and so, ultimately, on the second film I hired Leigh Brackett. Unfortunately, it didn't work out; she turned in the first draft, and then she passed away. I didn't like the first script, but I gave Leigh credit because I liked her a lot. She was sick at the time she wrote the script, and she really tried her best. During the story conferences I had with Leigh, my thought weren't fully formed and I felt that her script went in a completely different direction.""


4 out of 5


http://www.starwarz.com/starkiller/writings/cguide.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment